- 80g vanilla whey protein powder
- 6 tbsp. coconut flour (or 3/4 cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour)
- 1/4 cup stevia-erythritol blend (or 1/2 cup baking stevia or erythritol)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 3 tbsp. creamy cashew butter (or vegan buttery spread, unsalted butter)
- 3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread (or unsalted butter)
- 2 tbsp. VitaFiber IMO syrup
- 2 tbsp. (1 large) egg white
- 2 tbsp. water (adjust depending on your protein powder)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry cookie ingredients (through salt) in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through vanilla extract) and mix until a dough is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Using rounded tablespoons, measure out dough and form into balls, placing 2″ apart on sheet.
- Press balls flat to roughly half an inch thick using the back of a spatula or your hand.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until edges are firm but center is still soft (cookies will set upon cooling).
If baking these confetti protein cookies, be sure to take them out of the oven before they’re cooked all the way through – you want them soft to the touch and almost gooey in the middle. Don’t worry, the cookies will set as they cool! One drawback of baking with whey protein is a few extra minutes in the oven could result in a dry, unappealing texture. It’s better to err on the side of under-cooked.
Another tip is to place cookies in an airtight container on the counter, rather than in the fridge. Much like a loaf of bread, protein cookies will become dry and stale if kept out in the air or in the fridge. You can also freeze them in an airtight container up to a month (not that they’ll last that long).
You should be able to swap the whey protein for a plant-based protein, just use half as much flour and a little more water as needed to get a rollable dough.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my kids and I did!
Makes 1 dozen cookies
Cookies can be stored at room temperature for several days or frozen up to a month.
Calories (per cookie, including optional ingredients): 88kcal, Fat: 5.1g, Sat fat: 1.7g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 7g, Sodium: 94mg
Calories (per cookie, including optional ingredients): 91kcal, Fat: 5.3g, Sat fat: 1.7g, Carbs: 5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 7g, Sodium: 141mg