1 (15oz) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup nut butter of choice (natural no salt)
1/3 cup VitaFiber
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tbsp granular sugar (optional)
4 tbsp coconut flour
Flaked sea salt
1/3 cup 70% dark chocolate roughly chopped
*if you use milk chocolate omit the 2 tbsp sugar
*if your nut butter has salt omit the 1/4 tsp salt
Nutritional information (serving size 1 of 12)
1. In a small bowl combine ground flax and water to form you flax egg. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes until it forms a gel like mixture
2. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper to cover bottom of the pan (Have a long enough parchment strip hanging over so you can lift the blondies out later on).
3. Add all ingredients to a food processor except the chocolate chips and blend until batter is smooth.
4. Transfer dough to prepared pan and spread evenly. Add chocolate chips to the top of the mixture and swirl it in to the batter. Top with flaked sea salt.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Set pan on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Once cooled cut blondies into squares and enjoy! Store blondies in the fridge for the best results.