Cocoa Nut Energy Balls
Power-up! psst they taste like fudge brownies.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 18-20 mins
Serving size: 15
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates (13-16 whole dates) - pitted
- 1 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, organic oats
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt - I use pink Himalayan
- 1/3 cup Vitafber syrup
- 2 Tbsp MCT oil
- Hemp hearts for rolling - ~1/2 cup, optional
- Add the raw almonds to a food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces. Since almonds are much harder than walnuts, it's important to grind these first so they blend better into the balls.
- Add the dates, walnuts, oats, cacao powder, and sea salt. Blend until evenly mixed and a sticky ball.
- If the ingredients clump up into a large ball, use your hands to just break apart and distribute around the food processor. Add the Vitafiber syrup and MCT oil. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer ingredients to the refrigerator for about 20 minutes (this step is optional, however, I find it's easier to roll into balls when slightly chilled).
- Using your hands, roll a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into individual balls, roll in hemp hearts to coat the outside (optional), and then enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.