Gluten Free Gingerbread Spice Cupcakes
The sweet aroma of cinnamon, ginger, and molasses fill the air. This classic wintertime flavor combination is now in cupcake form! With the low sugar, higher fiber, and grain free goodness, you can indulge in one of these gingerbread spice cupcakes anytime!
- 1 and 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup Vitafiber IMO powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 5.3 oz vanilla yogurt/skyr (I used 0% Siggi's Vanilla Skyr)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter flavor (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners.
- Combine the flour, Vitafiber powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients with a mixer. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into each well of the cupcake tin. Fill them about 3/4 of the way. They don't rise much.
- Bake for 19-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and frost with desired frosting. Garnish with cinnamon and toasted pecans!