Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
There's only one thing to know when it comes to peanut butter - you can put that 'ish in anything.
Want to make a good cookie? Peanut butter
Want to make a good stir-fry? Peanut butter better be in your sauce
Want to make a good smoothie? PB ALL THE WAY
That's why we've gone ahead and made some protein bars featuring our favourite leading lady: peanut butter. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars that won't break your bank, and don't taste terrible.
- 121 grams chocolate protein powder (caramel, fudge, and brownie all work great here too. You can also never go wrong with Vanilla, but I would suggest adding some cocoa powder if you choose to do so)
- 27 grams VitaFiber Syrup
- 331 ml almond/coconut/nut milk of choice
- 250 grams almond butter (you can use regular peanut butter, although your bars may be a bit more oily)
- 2 cups oats
- Set a pot on medium-low heat.
- Add milk and VitaFiber syrup. Stir to combine and let sit until mixture is warmed.
- Add in your protein powder, oats, and almond butter. Stir continuously until everything is well combined. Keep in mind that your mixture is going to be a bit thick and may be hard to stir but keep at it.
- Let everything sit for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed. Again, you are not cooking this - just warming it.
- Set out a baking tray (or 8x8 pan) with parchment paper
- Remove mix from heat and pour into pan
- Spread evenly across pan, flattening out, and let sit to cool
- Once cooled, slice bars into 12 pieces.
- Store in refrigerator