Pumpkin Protein Blondies
Enjoy all the delicious flavor of pumpkin with these eye-catching blondies. Your next dinner guests will love these crunchy and perfectly flavored pumpkin chunks. Don't forget to add some dark chocolate and walnut pieces for that extra addictive crunch.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 - 15 mins
Serving size: 9 bars
- 150g pumpkin puree
- 120g VitaFiber powder
- 50g vanilla vegan protein powder
- 130g oats
- 1 egg/flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
- 30g smooth peanut butter
- 40ml hot water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of powdered stevia extract
- 2 tsp salted caramel extract/ vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin puree with peanut butter, egg, salted caramel extract.
- In a separate small bowl. Gradually add the hot water to the VitaFiber powder, and mix until a smooth syrup forms.
- Add the VitaFiber mix to the wet pumpkin mixture, and mix well.
- Add in the oats and the remaining dry ingredients one by one.
- Add your optional extras last, if using.
- Smooth the batter onto the baking tray, and sprinkle with some extra sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing into approximately 9 chunky blondies.