Trail Mix Krispies
Created by Ellen Whitney, this “grown-up” Trail Mix Krispies recipe is a nutty, sweet, superfood packed snack that is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. And it's made with gut healthy VitaFiber IMO! You can follow Whitney on Instagram.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup VitaFiber® IMO syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup lucuma fruit powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tocos
- 1 1/2 tbsp maca powder
- 4 1/2 cups brown rice krispies
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds - roasted for best flavor
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- (optional) handful of mini chocolate chips
- Lightly melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey together in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Stir in the VitaFiber® IMO syrup, lucuma, sea salt, tocos, maca and chia seeds until evenly combined.
- Add the brown rice krispies, currants, sunflower seeds, and hemp hearts. Combine the entire batch until the krispies are evenly coated, and the other mix-ins are evenly distributed. (It's critical you equally distribute the peanut butter mixture, so the krispies bind together!)
- Press into a lightly sprayed 9x13 baking dish, and then use a sheet of wax paper to press firmly down into shape.
- Refrigerate at least 90 minutes.
- Slice into bars or bites, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.