1 hour (Setting time)
This super easy, minimal mess (and effort!) stove-top recipe comes together in minutes, requires no candy thermometer, and is not only vegan-friendly, it is also low-sugar and high in plant protein! It has all the characteristics that we love in a toothsome fudge — sweet, yielding texture, rich vanilla flavor — but far less sugar and carbs. We love salty-sweet, so this fudge has a deliciously salty twist that really enhances the flavor.
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Gradually stir in the VitaFiber, mixing all the while to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add in the vanilla flavor drops and the sea salt.
- Bring the heat down lower and add the peanut butter and coconut oil and keep stirring until fully combined.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the protein powder until the mixture is smooth and thick. The mixture will thicken as it cools, but if it is too wet, slowly add more VitaFiber powder.
- Smooth the mixture into a glass dish that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with more coarse sea salt.
- Pop the dish into the freezer for at least one hour, or until firm. Slice into squares and enjoy!
- ¾ cup VitaFiber powder or syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (we used caramel flavor)
- Vanilla flavor drops (or a pinch of stevia extract + a tsp vanilla extract)