Chicken Skewers & Peanut Sauce
VitaFiber® IMO works just as well in savoury dishes as it does in sweet! These chicken skewers and peanut sauce are an easy way to eat healthy without sacrificing flavour! Try substituting the chicken for your favourite veggies or protein. Ingredients: Peanut Sauce: 3/4 cup natural peanut butter 1/4 cup lime juice 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari 1/4 cup VitaFiber® IMO syrup 1 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed red pepper flakes and scallions for garnish Chicken Skewers: Boneless, skinless chicken pieces (thighs or breasts) 1/4 cup lime juice 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari 1/4 cup VitaFiber® IMO syrup 2 tsp freshly grated ginger 3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed skewers (soak prior if wooden) Method:
- Mix Peanut Sauce ingredients (not including garnish) in a medium size bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add more water if too thick.
- Transfer to small bowl for serving and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and scallions.
- Cut chicken pieces into strips.
- Mix the rest of the chicken marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and put chicken in, let marinate for 2-8 hours.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill or broil until cooked through.
- Dip in Peanut Sauce and enjoy!